This practical, straightforward guide to some of the most commonly seen birds in southern Africa is aimed at beginner birders, or even juniors. Less daunting than a full-blown field guide, it’s handy and accessible, combining simple text with clear artwork and photographs to introduce 300 of the region’s easy-to-see birds.
For each bird the book offers:
* Simple text, including how to ‘find it’, ‘identify it’ and ‘understand it’
* Colour images, both illustrations and photographs
* A distribution map
* Common English names, plus scientific, Afrikaans and other African names
* Average size, details of the nest and the number of eggs laid on average
* Interest boxes for some birds, providing extra information.
Colourful, to-the-point and offering quick ID pointers, this book should find a ready market among southern African birders and outdoor enthusiasts.
Published September 2015
Authors Chevonne Reynolds, Nicholas Tye
Ook in Afrikaans beskikbaar as Sasol 300 Maklik Sigbare Voels in Suider-Afrika